Registered Dietitian - Twin Cities Metro Area Job
Date: Dec 1, 2014
Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
We have several openings in the Twin Cities area. During the interview process, you will be able to select which location(s) you are most interested in.
Responsible for providing various group and individual, in person as well as virtual, nutrition coaching services. These services will offer both Club members and Corporate employees a program to optimize metabolism and weight, improve fitness performance, and achieve an overall sense of health and vitality.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Club Member Experience
1. Performs individual personalized nutrition and wellness assessments
2. Develops safe, professional, and comprehensive nutrition and lifestyle programs to ensure clients are satisfied with their program and remain motivated to attain their personal wellness goals
3. Leads and facilitates health and wellness educational seminars and workshops
4. Teaches a set curriculum of nutritional topics to our TEAM weight loss and TEAM fitness classes
5. Conducts small group or individual grocery store tours
6. Facilitates a weekly weight loss support group
7. Conducts weekly nutritional supplement sampling events with the Café's assistance
8. Works closely with the Personal Training staff and Club Management when designing member programs and classes
9. Educates team members on nutritional products, services, and lab testing on weekly basis
10. Educates club members on health and wellness issues and trends
11. Performs myHealthScore assessment consultations for club members - in person or virtually reviews member's assessment results and provides appropriate recommendations (further lab testing, nutritional products, nutrition and/or fitness services)
12. Interprets club member's lab testing results and provides appropriate lifestyle recommendations (diet, exercise, supplementation, and lifestyle factors)
Corporate Employee Experience
1. Schedules 20 hours per week to service Corporate Wellness myHealthCheck accounts via phone coaching
2. Initial call entails releasing of employees' Health Score, reviewing their results and establishing personal goals and next steps based off metric results, HRA assessment, and information attained during phone call
3. Successive calls entail wellness coaching - goal attainment, obstacles/barriers/challenges, brainstorming ways to handle obstacles and setting of new goals
4. Documentation of each call will be complete in our online system
Sales & Promotion
1. Promotes nutritional products, services and lab testing available at Life Time, aligned with the ADA Code of Ethics.
2. Oversees sales performance, including program quality, supply costs, and pricing integrity
3. Markets, promotes, and implements individual and group Life Time Fitness nutritional education programs and products that will compliment each member's personal needs and goals
Financial & Budgetary
1. Personally responsible for meeting monthly revenue and session goals - takes ownership of nutrition and weight management business in the club
2. Develops and maintains a client base
3. Schedules and completes record keeping according to standard operating procedures
Managerial & Supervisory
1. Ensures programs and services conform with Life Time Fitness quality standards and procedures
2. Attends department, "all club" meetings, leadership meetings, and biweekly National NC/NTL calls
3. Completes all assigned Life Time Fitness University (LTU) courses
4. Completes a 38 hour "virtual" certification with Weight Loss Coaching Program Manager via LTU during the first month of hire
5. Attends a full week of PT Certification the first month of hire
Responsibilities of All Positions
- Supports and articulates the Life Time Fitness mission statement
- Adheres to company policies and procedures
- Ensures cleanliness of the club using all five senses:
- Sight to ensure club is neat and orderly
- Sound to ensure music/ sound levels are appropriate
- Touch to ensure floors, countertops, etc are clean and dry
- Taste to ensure food & beverages in the café are up-to-standards
- Smell to ensure the club is fresh and odor free
- Demonstrates positive attitude and actions through a display of courtesy, service, cooperation, hospitality, sensitivity, and professionalism to internal and external customers
- Complies with all company safety rules
- Uses all required safety devices and personal protection equipment
- Reports accidents and injuries to supervisor as soon as possible
- Notifies department head of any unsafe acts or conditions as soon as possible
- Participates in safety training and safety inspections
- Discusses methods of preventing hazards to safety committee
- Four-year college degree in Nutrition and Dietetics or related field
- Successful completion of Accredited Dietetic Internship
- One to three or more years experience in Nutrition or related field
Licenses / Certifications / Registration:
- Registered Dietitian (or must pass RD exam within six months of hire date)
- CPR/AED certification
- Dietetics state licensure, if available
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Extensive knowledge of dietetics and how to adapt knowledge to practical use in conjunction with exercise programs
- Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and recommend solutions
- Ability to effectively instruct and motivate large or small groups
- Ability to build relationships with members
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to handle and resolve customer conflicts in a professional, tactful manner
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task with tight deadlines independently and within a team environment
- Ability to operate a personal computer
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and computer software (Microsoft Office)
Intermediate- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, clients, and other employees of the organization in English.
Intermediate- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply basic concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Intermediate- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Outlook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; ability to climb ladders. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work is performed in an athletic club environment. The noise level is usually moderate.
Primary Location: : MN-Minneapolis
Other Locations: MN-Minneapolis - MPS - Minneapolis Life Time Athletic, MN-White Bear Lake - WBL - White Bear Lake, MN-Plymouth - PLY - Plymouth, MN-New Hope - NHP - New Hope, MN-Chanhassen - ART - Chanhassen, MN-Champlin - CHA - Champlin, MN-Savage - SAV - Savage, MN-Lakeville - LAK - Lakeville, MN-Minneapolis - TGT - Minneapolis (Target Center), MN-Maple Grove - MPG - Maple Grove, MN-Minnetonka - MTK - Minnetonka Life Time Athletic, MN-Eden Prairie - EPR-Eden Prairie Life Time Athletic, MN-Woodbury - WOD - Woodbury, MN-Saint Louis Park - SLP - Saint Louis Park, MN-Eagan - EAG - Eagan, MN-Fridley - FRD - Moore Lake (Fridley), MN-Bloomington - BLO - Bloomington North, MN-Bloomington - BLS - Bloomington South, MN-Coon Rapids - CRP - Coon Rapids, MN-St. Paul - HPK - Highland Park, MN-Eden Prairie - CRT - Eden Prairie (Crosstown), MN-Roseville - RSV - Roseville
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segments: Nutrition, Curriculum, Intern, Fitness, Supply, Healthcare, Education, Entry Level, Hospitality, Operations