Kids Group Skills Fitness Instructor (Yoga, Zumba, Karate, Dance, Pre-Gymnastics, Sports) Job
Date: Apr 8, 2014
Location: Westchester, NY, US
The fun starts with you!
Life Time Kids is looking for energetic, passionate and caring people to be Instructors for a range of group skills activities including: Yoga, ZumbAtomic, Karate, Dance, Pre-Gymnastics and Sports Skills. Instructors will be in charge of leading kids’ classes and creating a fun, engaging, enriching environment. We aspire to help children in the development of significant skills through activities and games for children between the ages of 3 to 11 years. Most importantly we are here to create a safe environment for all in our state of the art, newly renovated studios that is energizing and educating in a trustworthy community.
Instructor is expected to create a fun, engaging and safe learning environment. We are looking for someone who is passionate for the desired program and loves working with children.
Duties will include:
- Arriving to class 15 minutes prior in order to ensure preparedness
- Constructing a weekly or monthly lesson plan or equivalent while following our signature format
- Creating and implementing different activities relevant to program
- Playing educational games
- Maintaining a safe, fun and engaging learning environment
- Cleaning up after each class
- Available to assist with Kids Activities optional programming (Camps, Parents Night Out, Birthday Parties)
- Promote all Kids Activities programming
Leader of play! As we continue to learn and develop, we encourage you to exercise your creativity when deciding on daily activities as you will be provided with a signature format as a guide to follow. Classes need to be energizing, constructive and fun!
Responsibilities of All Positions
- Supports and articulates the Life Time Fitness mission statement
- Adheres to company policies and procedures
- Ensures cleanliness of the club using all 5 senses:
- Sight to ensure club is neat and orderly
- Sound to ensure music levels are appropriate
- Touch to ensure floors, countertops, etc are clean and dry
- Taste to ensure the food & beverages in the café are up-to-standards
- Smell to ensure the club is fresh and odor free
- High School Diploma or GED
- College Degree or Continuing Education Preferred
- 2 years experience in fitness area of interest preferred
- Minimum of six months to one year of teaching children ages 3-11 in similar programs or activities.
Licenses / Certifications / Registrations:
- Program specific certification or education preferred
- For Instructors working with children under age of 6 certification or equivalent education experience in early childhood development preferred
- Life Time University certification in relevant skill required after hire
- First Aid required within the first 60 days of hire
- Infant/Child and Adult CPR/AED required within the first 60 days of hire
Applicant must complete all state or federal requirements prior to first day of directly working with children or within other specified timeframe. Requirements vary by state. A complete list of requirements is available from the hiring manager.
These requirements may include but are not limited to:
- Tuberculosis test
- All required vaccinations (or signed exemption)
- Fingerprints taken by a local police department for a background check
- Background checks required by state specific child care licensing laws that are in addition to Life Time background check
- Continuing education courses for continued employment in working with children
- Infant and Children First Aid and CPR Certifications
All requirements must be completed at the cost of the applicant, unless prohibited by law.
Classes are in increments of 45 minutes. Classes are offered at a variety of times throughout the week, evenings and weekends.
Primary Location: : NY-Westchester - WCH - Westchester
Shift: Day Job
Nearest Major Market: Bronx
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segments: Instructor, Yoga, Fitness, Child Care, Education, Hospitality, Service