Kids Admin Job
Date: Oct 9, 2013
Location: Westchester, NY, US
The Kids Admin is responsible for initiating and facilitating the registration and administrative processes for Kids programming and activities, including but not limited to: Life Time Kids Academy (LTKA), Group/Private/Semi-Private Swim Lessons, Birthday Parties, Camps, Rock Wall, Special Events (4 per year) by processing payments, refunds and cancellations, setting up EFTs, scheduling class times, and reserving space in BOSS. Provides ongoing administrative service to the Kids DH and Coordinators while upholding Life Time’s Mission and Vision Statements through the Healthy Way of Life Principles. The Kids Admin will consistently deliver the highest level of customer service to Members, potential Members and Team Members. The Kids Admin will promote department programs and services with a focus on upgrading existing members while creating the best member experience.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
1. Engages with new and existing members (children and parents), helping answer questions, register for events, schedule class times, sign in to daily classes, set up payments, etc.
2. Sets the standard for the Kids Department by providing exceptional customer service and meeting the Members’ needs and expectations.
3. Responds to Member inquiries regarding Life Time programs, products, services, policies, and procedures in a professional and timely manner.
4. Encourages upgrades and promotes LTKA as a fun, enthusiastic environment where participants learn through a range of high quality programs that appeal to an expanded customer base.
5. Plans, offers and registers Members for camp, birthday parties and rock wall programming.
6. Provides an organized Kids program information area for members with appropriate marketing collateral.
7. Connects members to the correct program that fits their area of passion.
8. Markets and promotes Kids programs and activities in the club to increase participation.
Sales & Promotional
1. Promotes Life Time kids classes.
2. Ensures Team Members understand and promote all Life Time kids programs.
3. Promotes all Life Time programs, products, and services.
4. Markets and promotes kids programs and activities in the club to increase participation.
Financial & Budgetary
1. Processes all point of sale payments and EFTs.
2. Processes all Kids program revenue and refunds daily.
3. Assists in purchasing department supplies.
Administrative & Support
1. Supports all Kids program Team Members.
2. Assists Kids DH with maintaining and ensuring Team Member certifications and LTU class compliance.
3. Assists Kids DH in Team Member communications by sending emails, making phone calls, and helping with department huddles.
4. Assists Kids DH and Coordinators in submitting incident reports in a timely matter.
5. Tracks all LTKA class participation and utilization.
6. Maintains living spreadsheet of existing, new and cancelled LTKA members.
7. Assists Kids DH and Coordinators with Organizing, communicating, promoting, and administering the department and Kids programming.
8. Resolves member issues and/or conflicts in a swift and professional manner.
Responsibilities of All Positions
- Supports and articulates the Life Time mission statement
- Adheres to company policies and procedures
- Ensures cleanliness of the club using all 5 senses:
- Sight to ensure club is neat and orderly
- Sound to ensure music levels are appropriate
- Touch to ensure floors, countertops, etc are clean and dry
- Taste to ensure the food & beverages in the café are up-to-standards
- Smell to ensure the club is fresh and odor free
- Demonstrates positive attitude and actions through a display of courtesy, service, cooperation, hospitality, sensitivity, and professionalism to internal and external customers.
Safety responsibilities include:
- Complies with all company safety rules.
- Uses all required safety devices and personal protection equipment.
- Reports accidents and injuries to supervisor as soon as possible.
- Participates in safety training and safety inspections.
- Suggests methods of preventing hazards to safety committee.
- 2 year College degree
- Two years of customer service experience
- Two-years of supervisory/management experience
Must complete all state or federal requirements prior to first day of directly working with children or within other specified time frame. Requirements vary by state.
These requirements may include but are not limited to:
- Tuberculosis test
- All required vaccinations (or signed exemption)
- Fingerprints taken by a local police department for a background check
- Background checks required by state specific child care licensing laws that are in addition to Life Time background check
- Continuing education courses for continued employment in working with children
- Infant and Children First Aid and CPR Certifications
- Will be compliant in all Life Time courses
- Will compete all shadowing and attend all programs assigned in training
All requirements must be completed at the cost of the applicant, unless prohibited by law.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Excellent customer service skills, energetic, enthusiastic, and motivational
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to build relationship with members
- Ability to resolve concerns in a professional, tactful manner
- Ability to acknowledge difficult situations and respond accordingly
- Comfortable working with people of all ages
- Ability to tolerate loud noises
- Firmly but tactfully enforce Life Time polices and procedures
- Ability to train, lead staff, and effectively build teams
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to operate a personal computer including Microsoft Excel and Word
Intermediate- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, clients, and other employees of the organization in English.
Intermediate- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
Advanced Skills- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Outlook. Also must have the ability to learn new computer programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; ability to climb ladders. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work is performed in an athletic club environment. The noise level is usually moderate to high.
Primary Location: : NY-Westchester
Shift: Day Job
Nearest Major Market: Bronx
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segments: Administrative Assistant, Compliance, Child Care, Event Planning, Administrative, Legal, Service, Hospitality