Personal Trainer - Dallas Metro Area Job
Date: Sep 5, 2014
Location: Dallas, TX, US
Are you passionate about changing lives? Are you seeking a long term career within the fitness industry?
As a Personal Trainer with Life Time Training, you will assist our members by educating, delivering, and connecting them to
our industry leading strategy of the Core 3.
The power of Core 3 is our unmatched ability to address all areas of our members’ health and fitness needs to achieve
As a team member of the Life Time Training division, you are able to advance your career in the fitness industry by
providing your expertise and gaining experience in the following areas:
KNOW IT- Comprehensive Assessments
Education, testing, and technology to help our members’ know how their unique bodies work.
(Examples: Lab Testing, Metabolic Assessments, Devices, Activity Monitors, myHealthScore)
NOURISH IT- Personalized Nutrition and Lifestyle
Professional advice, products and strategies to fuel and enrich our members’ healthy way of life.
(Examples: Nutrition Coaching, Nutritional Products, Supplements, Registered Dietitians)
MOVE IT- Customized Workouts
Activities, events, and programs to keep our members’ engaged in healthy and entertaining ways.
(Examples: Private Training, Weight Loss, Metabolic Coaching, TEAM Classes, Pilates)
- Develop and deliver safe, professional, exciting and comprehensive personal training programs to ensure members are
satisfied with their workout program and remain motivated to attain their personal health and fitness goals.
- Promote and sell Life Time Training services, supplements, and technology.
- Responsible for achieving or exceeding monthly revenue and session goals.
- Attend and participate in PT Department, All Club, and One-on-One meetings.
- Complete and pass all assigned Life Time University courses.
- Fulfill Member Service requirements: (up to 25 hours per week)
- Fitness Assessments & Equipment Orientations
- Service Desk
- Facilitate Seminars
- Fitness Equipment Cleaning
- High School diploma or GED
- Preferred four-year degree in kinesiology, sports medicine, or other related field
- Personal training experience preferred
- Program design experience preferred
Licenses / Certifications / Registrations
- Certified Personal Trainer (Minimum of One Certification)
- ACE, ACSM, Cooper Fitness, NASM, NATA, NSCA, NPTI, LT Academy
- CPR/AED certification within 6 months of hire
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Ability to build trusting relationships with members
- Excellent customer service and promotional skills; energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a professional, tactful manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Extensive knowledge of fitness, cardiovascular training, nutrition and program design
- Knowledge of safe exercise techniques, and potential injuries and ability to handle emergencies
- Demonstrate exercises and adjust machine weights, free weights, and cardiovascular equipment
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to operate a computer and office software, Microsoft Word and Excel
Life Time team members receive a complimentary club membership with access to discounts in Personal Training, LifeCafé,
LifeSpa and Salon, and Life Time nutritional products. In addition, full time team members are able to take advantage of
our premier benefit package including: medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401K plans, disability insurance, employee
stock option and life insurance.
Primary Location: : TX-Dallas
Other Locations: TX-Plano - PLA - Plano, TX-Garland - GAR - Garland, TX-Colleyville - CLY - Colleyville, TX-Flower Mound - FLW - Flower Mound, TX-Dallas - DAL - North Dallas, TX-Dallas - PRE - Dallas Life Time Athletic, TX-Allen - ALN - Allen (McKinney), TX-Mansfield - MNF - Mansfield, Texas
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segments: Medical, Curriculum, Service Desk, Nutrition, Testing, Healthcare, Education, Customer Service, Technology