Date: May 20, 2013
Location: Chanhassen, MN, US
Schedule Management and Planning:
- Insure the project is turned over to Life Time Fitness Operations on the date promised.
- Insure the Grand Opening occurs on the date promised to Life Time Fitness Operations.
- Creates and monitors a schedule to demonstrate the overall sequencing for a project.
- Creates and manages a 3 week look-ahead schedule. Schedules are updated by the Superintendent weekly.
- Development and leadership of a plan that accelerates the first 6 months of construction.
- Leads the team in the development of scheduling goals.
- Leads the team in the development of schedules that clearly communicate the project milestone goals.
- Develops strong relationships with city Building Officials and inspectors to allow construction to meet quality and schedule goals.
- Spends adequate time in the field: Entire site, every floor, every room, every day.
- Jobsite is clean, maintained and organized at all times.
- Insure the architectural, MEP, and owner punch lists are complete at Grand Opening.
- Identifies, investigates, and resolves any issues that could possibly affect the schedule, quality, or cost of the project.
- Ensures the design and construction of the projects meets and exceeds the quality expectations of Lifetime Fitness.
- Establishes the site utilization plan and organizes the construction site to facilitate efficient construction. Effectively communicates the plan to the project team.
- Manages and leads subcontractor meetings: Agenda, planning, schedules, meeting minutes.
- Ensures that the MEP and Pools systems are fully commissioned prior to Grand Opening.
- Adheres to the established FCA safety policies and OSHA standards and provides leadership in the development of a strong safety culture on project sites.
Contract Management / Subcontractor Management:
- Manages the projects to insure the project is delivered on or under budget.
- Clearly identifies the scope of the project, the roles and responsibilities of the teams, and manages the project to be delivered successfully with minimal conflict.
- Reads, understands, and executes the scope of work identified in the subcontract agreement.
- Properly manages Field Work Directives on all cost issues.
- Updates and posts Field Set of plans on site to insure quality documents.
- Manages and coordinates shop drawings to insure completed construction meets the design intent and quality standards specified.
- Utilizes strong written communication skills in management of subcontractors.
- Correctly utilizes 72 hour notices with the Project Manager for all contract terminations.
- Effectively negotiates with subcontractors on all issues affecting cost, schedule, and quality.
- Manages construction and cost issues quickly and responsibly
- Properly manages the scheduling, delivery, and installation of owner procured materials and equipment to insure a quality installation
- Manages and coordinates self performed work on site to meet quality, schedule, and budget goals.
- Plans and manages labor on site to not exceed the Division 1 budget.
- Plans and manages clean up on site by subcontractors.
- Plans and manages equipment on site to not exceed the Division 1 budget.
- Manages subcontractor performance issues and insures that back charges are managed properly and moneys are recovered.
- Construction Management, Project Management or Engineering degree
- 8-10 years of Commercial Superintendent experience required
- Strong Civil Engineering background
- Project Management experience required
Licenses / Certifications / Registration:
- None required
- 100% travel required - requires weekly to full time travel to project sites
Primary Location: : MN-Chanhassen - COR - Corporate
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segments: Construction, Engineer, Quality Manager, Fitness, Project Manager, Engineering, Quality, Hospitality, Technology