Triathlon Coach- Nationwide Opportunity Job
Date: Sep 5, 2014
The Athletic Events (AE) Endurance Coach is defined as an endurance sports coach for triathlon, cycling and/or running who operates independent of the Personal Training Division, offering one on one coaching, group training and online coaching to both members and non-members of Life Time. The AE Coach is to function as a brand ambassador for Life Time Athletic Events, while expanding the reach and endurance sports coaching opportunities for the company.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Comprehensive knowledge of skills needed for success in endurance sports participation and competition.
- Good reputation and connection to the local endurance sports community.
- Excellent customer service and promotion skills, energetic, enthusiastic, and motivational
- Ability to handle and resolve customer service conflicts in a professional, tactful manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Advanced knowledge of fitness, cardiovascular training, nutrition, and program design
- Knowledge of safe exercise techniques, potential injuries, and the ability to handle emergencies
- Demonstrate exercises and adjust machine weights, free weights, and cardiovascular equipment
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to operate a computer and office software
Reporting & Accountability Structure
Reporting directly to their club’s GM, Corporate leadership of Life Time Endurance and to the National leadership for their respective sport (i.e. Cycle Club, Run Club, Tri TEAM), an employee of the Athletic Events Division, the Athlete Events Coach primarily operates outside Life Time buildings, coaching athletes online and in group settings. Training athletes inside the walls of a Life Time is allowed, but only in designated areas including the pool and cycling room, and only with permission from the department head of that area. Training athletes on the fitness floor is prohibited, unless given permission by the PTDH and only if the coach’s program doesn’t compete directly with a PT/Coach based program, such as Tri TEAM, as AE Coaches function in an assistant coaching role to PT/Coach employees. AE Coaches will be held responsible to meet certain monthly revenue goals and will report directly to regional and/or national endurance sports coaching leads.
Life Time is a performance based company, and the AE Coach will earn commission on the revenue they generate through online coaching, private training and group training, as well as other fee based endurance coaching opportunities.
- High School diploma or GED
- Four-year degree in kinesiology, sports medicine, or other related field preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of competitive Cycling, Triathlon, Running participation required
- At least one year of sports coaching preferred
Licenses / Certifications / Registration:
- Certified Personal Trainer status preferred
- Sport National Governing Body Certification Required.
Including but not limited to USAT, USAC (Must be obtained within first year of employment.)
- CPR/AED certification
Adhering to the highest standards of professional conduct in the endurance coaching industry, the AE Coach will be required to fulfill the following duties and responsibilities.:
- Deliver professionally coached workout sessions.
- Maintain a neat and clean personal image.
- Keep the safety of the athletes as a primary importance.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times.
- Represent the Life Time, HWOL brand in a positive manner.
- Maintain required certifications and adhere to all generally accepted and common sense safety rules regarding training athletes of all levels.
- Maintain a 3-month trailing revenue average as determined and communicated by the National Endurance leadership.
Primary Location: : National
Other Locations: TX-Austin - SAU - Austin South, IL-Vernon Hills-VRN-Vernon Hills Life Time Athletic, UT-South Jordan - SVY - South Valley, MO-Ellisville - WCY - West County, MN-Minneapolis - TGT - Minneapolis (Target Center), MI-Charter Commerce Township - COM - Commerce, MN-Maple Grove - MPG - Maple Grove, TX-Houston - CCH - CityCentre Houston, GA-Woodstock - MBR - Mountain Brook, TX-Humble - LHT - Lake Houston, MN-White Bear Lake - WBL - White Bear Lake, NY-Syosset - SYO - Syosset, TN-Collierville - CLV - Collierville, KS-Overland Park - OVP - Overland Park, NE-Omaha - OMA - Omaha, OH-Mason - DRF - Deerfield Township, MN-Lakeville - LAK - Lakeville, MD-Rockville Life Time Athletic - RVL - Rockville, FL-Boca Raton - BRT - Boca Raton Life Time Athletic, KS-Lenexa - LNA - Lenexa, TX-Dallas - PRE - Dallas Life Time Athletic, MN-Eden Prairie - EPR-Eden Prairie Life Time Athletic, MD-Columbia - CLB - Columbia, MN-Fridley - FRD - Moore Lake (Fridley), MN-Bloomington - BLS - Bloomington South, AZ-Goodyear - PLM - Goodyear (Palm Valley), MN-Eden Prairie - CRT - Eden Prairie (Crosstown), AZ-Scottsdale - SCT - Scottsdale, NJ-Florham Park - FLP - Florham Park Athletic, TX-Houston - CMP - Champions, TX-Garland - GAR - Garland, TX-Sugar Land - SUG - Sugar Land, TX-Colleyville - CLY - Colleyville, TX-Flower Mound - FLW - Flower Mound, TX-Dallas - DAL - North Dallas, TX-Allen - ALN - Allen (McKinney), TX-Katy - CIN - Cinco Ranch, TX-Austin - AUS - Austin North, AL-Vestavia Hills, IL-Schaumburg - SCH - Schaumburg, IL-Bloomingdale - BLM - Bloomingdale, IL-Warrenville - WAR - Warrenville, IL-Algonquin - ALG - Algonquin, IL-Orland Park - OPK - Orland Park, IL-Skokie - ORC - Old Orchard Life Time Athletic, CO-Parker - PAK - Parker, VA-Fairfax - FAI - Fairfax, TX-Mansfield - MNF - Mansfield, IN-Indianapolis - IND - Castle Creek, NJ-Berkeley Heights - BKH - Berkeley Heights Athletic, MN-St. Paul - STP - St. Paul, NC-Cary - CAR - Cary, MN-New Hope - NHP - New Hope, OH-Dublin - DUB - Dublin, MN-Champlin - CHA - Champlin, GA-Lawrenceville - SLF - Sugarloaf, MN-Savage - SAV - Savage, TX-San Antonio - SAN - San Antonio, VA-Sterling - LDC - Loudoun County, GA-Johns Creek - JCK - Johns Creek, OH-Columbus - UAR - Upper Arlington, AZ-Gilbert - GIL - Gilbert, AZ-Tempe - TEM - Tempe, OH-Columbus - COL - Easton, IL-Romeoville - ROM - Romeoville, MI-Rochester Hills - ROH - Rochester Hills, IN-Indianapolis - NMD - North Meridian, MN-Woodbury - WOD - Woodbury, TX-Austin, MN-Eagan - EAG - Eagan, MN-Bloomington - BLO - Bloomington North, MN-Coon Rapids - CRP - Coon Rapids, MN-St. Paul - HPK - Highland Park
Shift: Day Job
Job Segments: Nutrition, Brand Ambassador, Training, Customer Service, , Healthcare, Marketing, Education, Service